Step Out (part 1)

"He said "COME." So Peter got out of the boat and walked on the water and came to Jesus." -Matthew 14:29



What's up everyone!?! I am revamping my blog and planning to hit it strong, so i pray you stay with me, and i hope that these moments of writing may encourage you and lead you closer to Jesus.

Soooooo, let me catch you up on life! Early this year my wife and I began to hear the Lord calling us like Peter into a place of total dependency on God. He was saying "Come." He was calling us out of the safe, secure, and comfortable BOAT we were living in, to a place of unknown, scary, unstable, foggy, called FAITH. After 12 amazing years at the church i grew up in and served as Youth Pastor, i felt my season was done there in San Jose. My wife and i began to pray, fast, and seek for the next season in our lives. It began by sharing my heart with my Pastor and leaders. As we walked one step of faith to the next, God began to make things clear. We had made some incredible friends in Dallas, Texas and were invited to come out to visit. This was the hardest thing i've ever had to do, but i knew there was something more for my life and my families' life. I'll never forget seeing my wife's face as we said goodbye to her family at the airport and began to walk through the terminal. A face of sadness, but also one of trust. Right next to her was our little toddler Mayah who had no idea what was happening, but she's happy because we're all together. And in her little heart and mind, that's all that matters. In that very moment, i am affirmed that she's right. All that matters is we are together and God is with us! If we decided to go to Japan, or Russia, the Lord will be with us! It wasn't so much of the destination as it was the journey.



We are so grateful that when we got to Dallas, we had a place to stay. Our dear friends Tim and Mari Rubio opened their home for us to stay as long as we need to get on our feet. Not having your own space with a toddler and a pregnant wife can be tough sometimes!! But we made it! I got hired at a Costco pretty quick and started working there nights and weekends. What a cool experience to work there. No one knew who i was, and i was just another employee. There i met some great people. With this job we were able to get into an apartment where we live today.

As i read this story in the Bible of Peter over and over again with Hillsongs "Oceans" on my playlist, i can only imagine what Peter felt and even the rest of the disciples. Not everyone is willing to step out of the boat, and not everyone was willing to ASK God to take them out of their boat. We did it, and we're doing it. We have not fallen in but right now we are walking on the waters of faith and trust, and God is holding us.

 November 10th 2014 we welcomed Aria Noelle Avila into our world. My wife did amazing and some of our family came out to be with us during this incredible time. Today be encouraged that God is faithful, and He is good ALL the time.

"Without FAITH, it is impossible to please God."

To be continued...

Chris Avila

Share this:

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Youth Culture, and God's Word

Powered by Blogger.

About Me

My photo
Husband, Proud Dad, Radio Host, Youth Culture and Behavior Expert

Popular Posts

Contact Us

Name

Email *

Message *

Followers